Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No, you don't got it. GET IT?!?

Paramount cuts ties with Tom Cruise
Chairman says the star’s behavior was unacceptable to the company
NEW YORK - Paramount Pictures has severed its 14-year-old ties to Tom Cruise’s production company because of his off-screen behavior, the chairman of the studio’s parent company said Wednesday in an interview with the Wall Street Journal.


Full story here

There needs, NEEDS, to be a made-for-TV movie about the rise and fall of Tom Cruise. Not that he has fallen in my opinion- I don't know who those USA Today poll participants are whose opinion of Tom Cruise has some how declined. He's an actor, he makes movies, and unless he's doing ridiculous stunts or interviews, he's simply really really good looking, shorter in person, and rumored to be gay. I don't know about you, but I enjoy couch jumping, defensive about religion Tom Cruise far better, and I am excited for the contribution that he as this is making to our culture right now.

I tried to see the play I Was Tom Cruise at the Fringe Festival this past week. Unfortunately, it was all sold out. I was number 14 in line about, and the line was up to about 30 or 40, going up the block. When the box office person announced, all sold out in case 4 press or industry don't show up, 20 persons, including myself, simply stood in line, holding out for that chance among chances. It didn't come. But I'm crossing my fingers that I somehow get to see this show at some point in time.