Thursday, October 21, 2010

4 Photos from NY Comic Con

101009-Comic-Con-042
Rorschach

This photo is only somewhat posed. I was on my way to the bathroom, and saw someone dressed as Rorschach leaning on the railing and looking over the balcony at the convention-goers below. This struck me as a very in-character posture for Rorschach.

I asked him if I could take his picture. He agreed, turned to face me, and struck an upright superhero pose.

I took that picture, and then asked him if I could take another with him leaning on the railing just as he was.



101009-Comic-Con-034
Boba Fett playing an accordion in front of the Javitz Center.

It's not every day that you can write a caption like that, and it describe something that really happened.



101009-Comic-Con-031
My brother Mike, as a Starfleet officer preparing to cross Eleventh Avenue.

I have to hand it to my brother Mike for organizing the whole outing. It's quite surprising that I haven't gone to it before, and I'll certainly be back next year.

It would be a little too geek-in-the-closet for me to post these photos without including one of myself-

so here is a photo of me, dressed as a Starfleet officer, eating a hot dog.



101009-Comic-Con-017
photo by Mike Nguyen


I didn't take nearly as many photos as I should have, so best place to check out other photos from the convention, including some pretty impressive costumes, is New York Comic Con's public flickr group.