Thursday, May 26, 2011

Video Short: The High Line


May 21, 2011

I had heard great things about The High Line, but hadn't had a chance to visit. This past Saturday I found myself with an open schedule, and since I hadn't edited anything in a long while, I brought along my camera and shot some footage.

I got there around 10:30 a.m. and it was very pleasant, pretty quiet. By about 12:30 p.m. it started to get crowded in a way that seemed counter to the otherwise calming environment. I'd recommend going early in the day if at all possible.

As a public space, it's got all sorts of fun nooks and crannies, from an observation deck that looks directly over 10th Avenue, to an area built to accommodate reclining sunbathers. There's another section due to open in June. With more to see, and likely a different look with the changing seasons, I imagine I'll be back to shoot more in a few months.

If you haven't yet visited, definitely worth going, and The High Line also has some great videos posted up on their site.

I've included more info on the background and technical info in a separate post.

Thanks for watching!