Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Five Photos (11): Philadelphia

During one visit home in late May, I had a chance to spend a more than usual amount of time in the city itself. Because I'd moved to New York for college, I really hadn't spent a lot of time exploring the city as a grown up, so this was a neat change of pace (thanks in particular to my sister Jamie for showing me around).

Caddy
Caddy

Whenever I see an expensive car parked on the street, particularly a convertible with the top down, I can't help but imagine that the owner can't not be less than 20 feet away, and keeping close eye on it.

Sometimes, I start to imagine that this might get tiring for an owner.

Then, I start to imagine that as an owner of a really expensive car, there are some burdens in life that you're just going to have to deal with.

Big Ship
Big Ship

Nice view from the cafeteria of the Ikea on Columbus Boulevard.

honey
Honey

My sister took me out for lunch/brunch at Honey's Sit 'n Eat. This place was great. Nice ambience, great service, and delicious food.

Cars
Cars

Philadelphia Sidewalk
Philadelphia Sidewalk

Not all sidewalks in Philadelphia look like this, but it sure is a nice one.

This is right by the Belgian Cafe at 21st and Green Street. We had a chance to eat there as well, also really good.

--

More photos from this set posted on flickr